1899. Built as a result of the construction of the road to L’Alcudia, Ontinyent and Villena, it connected the train stations between L’Alcudia, Canals and Villena, whilst at the same time improving communications for the villages in the eastern half of the Albaida Valley. The bridge consists of a semicircular arch made from brick, together with a chiselled stone entrance measuring 21.4 metres by 25 metres. The tympanum are in turn supported by six small arches. The Riberet washhouse can be found close by.
This is the oldest bridge in Bocairent and served as the main access to the town. In 1563 the historian Martí de Viciana described it as the largest and most elevated bridge in the kingdom. It is formed by a single semicircular arch striding the Clariano river. The bridge combines masonry and horizontally alligned stonework to create a ribbed patternwork. The cobbled carriageway is slightly tilted towards the sides in order to allow for rainwater run-off.
Built to provide access to the chapel of Santo Cristo, it comprises a large Gothic arch made with masonry and reinforced by two buttresses on either side. Beside the bridge is the popular “Esgoladora”, a large slippery smooth rock used by children as a slide.
This bridge corresponds to three different periods: Arabic, Roman, and Hispanomuslim. Constructed using the local calcareous rock, this lovely bridge is built with stonework masonry. It measures 6 metres in length and about 6 metres in height, although its original width was only 2.8 metres. The wall arch is almost semicircular though its shape has been deformed over time due to wear and tear.
This semicircular arched bridge was built in 1897 and was the main entranceway into Bocairent until the Sant Blai bridge was constructed in 1950. At present it is used as the start and end point of the path running along the Clariano river.
Opened to the public on July 19th 1950, this bridge substituted the “Mitja Calça” bridge and was the most important building project carried out in Bocairent during the 20th century giving much improved access to the town (with 9 arches and measuring 126 m in length, 6 m in width, 26 m in height with a 3 m cantilever). The bridge gave an important economic boost to the town by connecting it directly to the main road and the railway station.
A magnificent construction made with local stone masonry. It has the peculiarity of being constructed in two phases: the more important and older period dates back to the Hispanomuslim era, either during the caliphal or taifa periods, upon which a later structure was added between the 15th and 17th centuries. The semicircular Roman arch has become deformed over time due to wear and tear.
Located 200 metres from the Frontera farmstead. It is composed of a single semicircular arch, although this is difficult to appreciate due to the abundant vegetation. Whilst the actual date of construction is unknown, it was used to carry water up until 1925 when piped water finally reached Bocairent.
It is situated on farmland between the farmsteads of Micalàs and el Racó and comprises three semicircular masonry arches. It is the only one which has a construction date (1699) etched into one of the stones in the central arch. The upper part is in the shape of an irrigation canal as it was used to transport water from the Vinalopó river in order to irrigate the fields.
Located very close to the farmstead and comprising a single stilted arch. Whilst the date of its construction is unknown, relatively modern building tecniques were used meaning that it was probably constructed in the 19th century.